Monday, February 4, 2013

Copy of a letter I sent to Senator Sherrod Brown - OH


Senator Brown,
 
I recently received an email from you titled: Ensuring Ohioans Have the Paid Sick Days They Deserve.

I would like to remind you that the private contractual agreement between an employee and a business is none of your concern, no matter how sympathetic the subject may seem. 

In part of the message of the email you said,
"Illness costs our national economy $226 billion annually in lost productivity."

A Senator who meddles in the private affairs of Ohioans instead of passing a budget (3.5 years)...costs me $174,000 annually in lost productivity!

What would happen if I were hired to maintain the financial affairs of a company and I went 3.5 years without even having a budget? I probably wouldn't even last 3.5 weeks but the truth of the matter is, I would be fired.

Please stop wasting my money, get back to work, and pass a budget!

2 comments:

  1. Great letter! I wish more people would write letters like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully people will be compelled and copy any letters I post and customize it to fit their representatives.

    ReplyDelete